Sunday, April 15, 2012

Updates!


Thank you to everyone who's checked in with me since my last post. Your care and concern remind me that I am loved by so many amazing people.

Since then, I've started going to a weekly OA meeting. It feels like there's so much information, so I'm just taking it one day at a time. As many of you know, the 12 steps are based upon surrendering to god/universe/spirit/higher power, and although I've always been a spiritual person, I feel this relationship with something greater than myself beginning to deepen.

The other day I made something called a "god box." This was actually a suggestion from another book on spirituality and manifestation that I'm reading, but it blends with what I'm learning in OA. I took an old box that I've had lying around for a while, and decided that I would begin a practice of writing down on little slips of paper things that I want to let go of having control over (or thinking that I have control over), and instead allow the universe to handle. For example: I don't really want to be in charge of healing from food. I'd really like it if the spirit above could just do that for me.

It feels freeing to realize that I don't have to do everything myself and that I am protected by the universe. The picture to the right is of my god box, and I always leave it open a crack so that the divine forces can get in and see what I've written.

Switching gears a little, I wanted to share an easy recipe that I made to bring to a potluck baby shower (Hi, Deb!) today. I made a quinoa taboule, and it's really healthy and delicious. First I cooked about one and a quarter cups of quinoa, and then I let it cool. Later on I added about two tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice from one lemon, diced tomatoes, scallions, and pine nuts. Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment