Thursday, February 2, 2012

Days 43 & 44: Greeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Green smoothies ahoy!

Apparently I'm so psyched about my green drinks that I'm going pirate.

Anyways, I was very inspired by my friend Leslie's latest nutrition video on green smoothies, and they've become a part of my diet this week. (P.S. Leslie is a kick-ass yoga teacher & health coach...check out her website linked above!)


In my smoothies, I use Garden of Life's raw protein powder, which contains 17 grams of natural protein per serving! Perfect for a non-meat eater like me. Then I add in a cup of almond milk (you could use any nut milk), a big handful of spinach leaves, and a banana. I also tried frozen pineapple instead of the banana one day, but I prefer fresh fruit and the banana makes it nice and thick.

Drinking something green makes me feel vibrant and ALIVE!

Another suggestion: add in half an avocado for the same creamy effect as the banana. Yum.

If you have any other smoothie recipes or ideas, please comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe! I make one with: 1 green apple, 1 banana, a hefty handful of spinach and a handful of kale, add water as needed. I'm sure the protein powder would work in here too!

    ReplyDelete