Monday, May 7, 2012

Day One

I can't believe I just wrote "Day One" again.

But today felt like putting my hand into a worn glove that fit perfectly. There is so much relief in knowing that I'm doing this, because I know it leads to freedom.

My day was pretty boring food-wise, and since it was my day off, I spent most of my time sitting on my couch :)

I don't think I would have been able to do this a few months ago. No, a few months ago I would have been mentally beating myself up for not doing anything, for accomplishing nothing, for lacking in productivity. Part of learning to be more compassionate towards myself is allowing myself to have a "day of nothing" once in a while. I watched crap TV, I made some chocolate chia seed pudding, I drank coffee and green juice, and I started reading The Ramayana (one of my summer goals; it's almost 700 pages, ahhh!) So it's not exactly that nothing happened, it's that I didn't do anything with a goal in mind. I just did what I felt like doing in the moment.

This is so new for me. And, when half an hour before the yoga class I'd planned to go to this evening something else suddenly came up, I didn't sweat it. Shit happens. Life happens. This is where the real practice really is. So what if my back feels a little tight tomorrow and I can't do the splits every single time I practice. WHO CARES?!???

It's time for me to let go of my attachment to this idea that crazy poses = I'm good enough. I am already good enough, and so are you. And I got here by feeling my feelings, accepting everything as is, and being honest with myself about my issues.

I think Rumi says it best: "The wound is the place where the light enters you."

Welcome, light..... ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment