Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 3: This is WAY Harder Than I Thought It Would Be

Days 1 & 2 of my little 7 Day project did not go at all as I'd expected!!! Not even close.

In fact, it did not even occur to me last night at dinner that I'm trying to practice stopping eating once I'm full. I blew way past full into uncomfortably full. Oops.

There was a moment, yesterday, though, where thought this: I just need to surrender. I just need to let go and trust that I will get back on track. Even though I feel so totally far away from the track. Even though I can't see it I know it's there, because I've gotten myself back on it a thousand times.

It helped me to say it out loud; last night after eating I told my boyfriend that I am struggling and want to get back to a place that feels good. He replied by saying, "You will!! You're gonna get back on track tomorrow!! You are!!"

Someone else believing in me allows me to believe in myself more easily. Sometimes that's all it takes.

This morning my body doesn't feel so great, but I feel calm because I'm practicing letting go and bowing down to this mind-thing I have with food that sometimes feels torturous.

Deep breaths.... and these helpful tips my friend Nina posted on facebook this morning ;)



I especially like number 6.

And the journey continues...



No comments:

Post a Comment