Thursday, March 29, 2012

DAY 100!!!!!!!!

I made it!!!! Day 100 is here!

Yesterday I was having lunch with my wisest friend (yes, KC, of course you are my wisest friend) and I remarked how I've become someone I'd never thought I'd become. Let me explain:

For years and years I have been reading self-help books, books about food addiction and emotional eating, books about healing, wellness, yoga....I have a book case which rivals the self-help section of Barnes and Noble. And I was starting to feel really angry, because it seemed like the more that I read about promises to break free from food addiction and emotional eating, the more I struggled. I felt like I was being lied to and that freedom was not possible.

But now I'm one of those people who believes that it is. I somehow paved my own path, dug myself through, and got to the other side of this battle.

And it's not that I've landed somewhere. Instead, it is a constant process of trust, self-love, and open awareness. Now when I eat more than I'd like or when I forget to breathe and forget that I am loved, I see it for what it is: forgetting. I don't have to freak out because I know I can always come back to center. The past 100 days have taught me that I am ok. That I don't have to use food to deal with life.

The 100 Days may be over, but I'm going to continue blogging about my relationship with food (which is really just a mirror for my relationship with life itself). I feel a bit underwhelmed, and it's a good thing. If this had been a 100-day diet with a goal weight in mind, there would be the high of getting "there," or the let-down of not reaching it by today. But that isn't what this is about, and it does a feel a little anti-climactic. It's calming to be free from the drama of it all though, and I am so grateful.

Thank you, readers, for all of the support over the past few months. This blog would not exist without you, and my journey wouldn't be the same if I couldn't share it with my friends.

Now, on to the rest of my life....


2 comments:

  1. So proud of you girl!!! Can't wait to get back to ya so we can have quality time and reflect on life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mama :) Right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete