Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 11: The Food

Day 10 was a great success! I managed to stick to my meal plan and not snack as much. A lot of people have been asking me what I am eating, so I thought I'd just share my food from yesterday:

For breakfast I ate a vegan bran muffin from Trader Joe's (no sugar!) and an apple

For my second breakfast/pre-yoga snack a few hours later, I ate sliced banana and cashew butter on sprouted bread. YUM.

Later in the afternoon I went to Vegetable Garden and ate a big plate of brown rice with tons of steamed veggies & butternut squash in a light, but really tasty sauce. It was delicious.

I had a coffee with a little soy milk and then an orange as a snack before I taught my evening yoga class.

After teaching, I made a smoothie using raw vegan protein powder, some frozen berries, and almond milk. I also ate a mini vegan frozen pizza from Whole Foods.

So there's one day of what this 100 Day eating project looks like!

Writing this out, I realize that I would like this blog to continue to be more about my thoughts and feelings than what I eat. But since food's been the main path for me to get to know myself better, I'm also happy to talk about the food.

Today was more challenging than yesterday. I think because I did so great yesterday, I had that little (more like big) voice in my head going, "Ok, you did it for one day, and now you can stop. And if you fuck up tomorrow, you can just be good the next day." So I ate some of my meals today in front of the TV, and I caved on making the easy veggie stir-fry I'd planned on making, instead going for canned soup and one of those Trader Joe's muffins. Whoops. It's difficult for me to remember that this isn't a diet, because I've spent a lot of time in my life on diets. This is a bigger change, because I'm not just focusing on the food, but I'm taking it all into account: mind, body, and spirit. I hope I can keep moving forward with this into the new year.

Happy 2012, everyone! I wish health, happiness, and sweetness to all my friends and family. I'm going to spend the rest of the evening doing some journaling and intention writing for the year ahead. And then I'm going to put my writing away, forget about it, and see how it all unfolds.

Peace & Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment