Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 26: KALE

Is it possible for me to cook kale without listening to Michael Franti and dancing along?

No.


Sundays are the perfect day to cook for the rest of the week. Today I made garlicky kale with mushrooms from a vegan cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. It's the simplest and tastiest recipe. I just heat a little olive oil (about a teaspoon) and about 6 cloves of garlic in a pan, then add in a bunch of mushrooms. I usually just buy one 8 oz container of white sliced mushrooms and throw them all in. Then I just stir in a ton of kale (16 0z). And that's it.

Yummmmmm.


I hope everyone has a lovely and restful Sunday. And here's another picture that has nothing to do with anything, but I bet it will make you smile:

4 comments:

  1. just inspired me to cook the cabbage and mushrooms in my fridge for the week :)

    the kale, the doggie, and YOUUUU look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of All! Moskowitzes have a lot to contribute to the world :)
    Second! I think in my 4th decade, I will be doing a lot more vegan cooking...Thank you for the inspiration Nina! MUCH LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know i was going to write something like (moskowitz!!!!!!!) after i wrote her name but then realized only you and emily would get it and other readers might be lost... :)

    ReplyDelete